POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Programmer : Programmer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Programmer
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 24 Apr 1999 19:05:24
Message: <37224024.0@news.povray.org>
I would like to come into programming.

I can program with POV-Ray language which I use to make stills, animations,
math programs that output data as pictures or text files, and other things.
I would like to learn a real programming language so I will be less limited
and can work with things such as interactivity.
Now, I don't know any programming languages or what is required to make
programs, so what I would like to know is which programming language I
should choose to start with.
A description of which languages have which advantages and disadvantages
would be appreciated.
There's one more thing, I can't spend any money on this programming hobby, I
guess that limits my number of choices?

Thanks,

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj