POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : question for you photon fans... : Re: question for you photon fans... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 06:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question for you photon fans...
From: GrimDude
Date: 24 Apr 1999 17:36:36
Message: <37222b54.0@news.povray.org>
Nathan,

  I posted that I liked the keyword quanta, but I thought I would pass along
a few other ideas. :)

  The following are listed in no particular order. If I have their meaning
wrong it is due to ignorance and age. It's been at least five years since I
read anything of Quantum Mechanics, Properties of Light, etc.

discrete (discretion) - makes more sense given the nature of the variable
saturation  - hey, self-evident
Planck - Not precise, but appropriate nonetheless
energy - kind of like discrete (more energy = more space)
intensity - appropriate given your formula in place (probably most
appropriate)

  Forgive me. I spent a sleepless night and this just wouldn't leave my
thoughts.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet