POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fractals are fun, no? : Re: Fractals are fun, no? (Brighter 'n stuff) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractals are fun, no? (Brighter 'n stuff)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 24 Apr 1999 10:17:11
Message: <3721c457.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <37215CD8.20198341@pacbell.net>...

>I can see clearly now the dark is gone...
>
>  I approve of work in this direction and see it's possible uses for alien
>hair do's and exotic food stuffs. And maybe trees as well.

It would be easy to modify the algorithm to produce tree-like shapes. But
that would imply introducing randomness, in effect defeating my original
objective.

>  Is it difficult to create and control the routines that produce
>these functions or is it pretty much straight forward once you
>have a working format to expand on your work from ?

I'd say once you have the necessary macro structure, expanding is pretty
straightforward - within the limits of the structure provided. However I
have already hit some of those limits with my macro and am now trying to
figure out a way to overcome them.

Margus