POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb question (where is the tree editor?) : Re: c in povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: c in povray?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 24 Apr 1999 04:47:52
Message: <37217896.CF395791@tiac.net>
>Hello! I am a povray user, and I wish to know if C++ usage is legal in
>povray
>eg.
>
>#define a as int
>sphere {0,a,0}
>
>I think not, I tried this and it didn't work, but I am not sure,
because I
>am not a C
>programmer.

No you can't use C++ .  POV uses its own scripting language.
And there's no need to use "int" in pov's scripting language.
When defining a variable pov uses #declare. For instance:

#declare a = 1;   // a  becomes the integer  1
sphere{<0, a, 0>}

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.