POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atmospheric planet : Re: Atmospheric planet Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atmospheric planet
From: Edward Wedig
Date: 24 Apr 1999 01:23:18
Message: <37214743.A3DB0C1D@netwalk.com>
SamuelT. wrote:

>         Here is a planet scene I started tonight. It uses basic techniques, plus a
> not-so-basic technique for the sun's halo that I made up myself. I am happy
> with it so far, but I can't seem to dissolve the moon's shadows into the
> atmosphere. The atmosphere is part background color and part fog. Any
> suggestions?

Try lowering the distance of your fog, making it more opaque closer and
(hopefully) obscuring the dark sides of your moons. Or move the moons
farther away and make then larger, so they appear the same size.

Either way, what you need is more fog between the camera and the moons.

-Ed

--
Edward Wedig
aka Doc Brown