POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov Now! : Re: Pov Now! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov Now!
From: TonyB
Date: 24 Apr 1999 00:40:03
Message: <37212FE3.41D2490F@panama.phoenix.net>
> Another possibility is that I have the advantage of being a left
> handed person who is forced to live in a right hand dominate world.
> Everything ever made for operation by hand was optimized for the
> convenience of the right handers of the world. Even the written
> language, as written in the western world, is specifically stylized
> for right handed people.

I feel your pain and your pride, my left-handed brother.
(=        (left-handed smiley...)

>   Overcoming these many obstacles has given me unique opportunities
> for expanding my mental and physical capabilities, to compensate for
> the discriminatory policies that have been brought to bear against
> me, as a member of the left hand minority population of the world.
> I can often for example use either hand equally well in tasks a right
> handed person would never even consider. It is not an innate ability
> but one that has been precipitated by the need to survive in a
> backward world.

Actually, I've heard that one side of the body is controlled by the opposite
side of the brain, so if I am a lefty, then I am using both sides, since I have
to use my right hand to cope with this messed-up right-handed world. At least a
few things are ours, like POV... need I remind you what system of coordinates it
uses? (=

Lefty power! Wooo! (=