POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Something Simple ~41Kb : Re: Something Simple ~41Kb Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something Simple ~41Kb
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 23 Apr 1999 21:32:20
Message: <37211114.0@news.povray.org>
Here you go. After much searching, I found these pics of the concrete cooling towers
at
the mighty DRAX power station, not too far from where I live. Water is drawn from the
river Ouse, which is only a short walk from here. These are what Steve was refering
to,
and what I also regard as being 'proper' cooling towers.

all the best,

--
----------------------
Andy

Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote in message news:3720FD15.F16617D6@ndirect.co.uk...
> Now that is ugly, I'd rather have our concrete ones any day,
> they've got so much character, and on a good day you can smell
> the steam.
>
> I checked a few web sites, but couldn't find any cooling towers
> that I liked, one site had coolers like Ken's image on it and I
> thought they were fore cooling drinking water in offices.
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>
> Ken wrote:
> >
> > Bob Hughes wrote:
> > >
> > > Same things here. Ken may not have realized what you meant exactly or
> > > they actually have rectangular ones in southern California. I've seen
> > > ones in Washington state and Alabama here where I live, U.S. of course.
> > > Maybe Ken is in Russia? Don't think I've seen any pictures of the
> > > tapered  tube kind there. j/k
> > > Anyway, I know what you mean by the angular bracing beneath them.
> >
> >   Ken is an engineer with almost 22 years of industrial experience.
> > Ken knows what a cooling tower is and what it should look like. The
> > small image below is typical of the types I have worked with and is
> > considered modern and effecient in design. Perhaps because California
> > is a lot newer than the states in the east and is obviouly younger
> > than the U.K. it is typical to see newer equipment that does not suffer
> > from antiquated designs like those that are still likely to be used
> > in areas sufferening from a lack of economic expansion. Perhaps not.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Tyler
> >
> > mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
> >
> >   -----------------------------------------------------------------
> >  [Image]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dxtow.jpg' (8 KB) Download 'drxsub.jpg' (12 KB) Download 'drx.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'dxtow.jpg'
dxtow.jpg

Preview of image 'drxsub.jpg'
drxsub.jpg