POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atmospheric planet : Re: Atmospheric planet Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atmospheric planet
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Apr 1999 05:52:07
Message: <37203489.EE7FFBC0@aol.com>
First thing I have to say is you may want to try upping the ambient on
the moons while at the same time decreasing the diffuse. It can be quite
a trick to get just right, I did two such pictures before.
You don't have a filtering value in that fog do you, by that I mean a
4th color vector component (or even a 5th) since this will change the
fog from the usual way it works.
Since you have a background color there sounds like you could at least
try to match that as much as possible if not altogether use the same
pigment in the moons first. Then from there adjust ambient and diffuse.
Are you thinking of doing a gradient y (or spherical, depending on how
used) atmosphere "enveloping object with interior ior and turbulating it
some?
I'd like to see the image if it works, I've thought of trying one myself
and never got around to it.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe