POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AWSOME ROLEX WATCH! : Re: AWSOME ROLEX WATCH! Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AWSOME ROLEX WATCH!
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 22 Apr 1999 14:51:05
Message: <371f6189.0@news.povray.org>
Nicholas DePetrillo wrote in message <371f3d57.0@news.povray.org>...
[snip]
>are AWSOME! ok. And what i like about my watch is the textures and stuff
>liek that, the metal finish took forever to make in photoshop and the
>rendering time was just under 4 min,

Ah I see, so the textures are image mappings?

That would spoil the thing a bit when viewed from the pure "raytracing"
point of view (if there is such a thing): If you use your watch in a larger
model with surroundings, the watch will not reflect its surroundings.
Actually, it already shows in the picture: The watch does not reflect itself
anywhere. It doesn't reflect the black background either... (Nifty photoshop
work though!)
That, together with the suspicion about the same model from some website
makes it a little bit less "AWESOME" to me!

Johannes.