POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Patch Question for Mr. Parker or ? : Re: Patch Question for Mr. Parker or ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Question for Mr. Parker or ?
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 18 Apr 1999 19:10:15
Message: <371d5726.139916167@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 02:39:49 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Probably the most interesting thing is the invisible object removal.
>Heck, if that thing could remove the parsing of such I'd think it
>miraculous. Doubt that very much.

Actually, I think it could.  Keep in mind that it's up to the person
writing the script to deal with removing the objects; all the patch
does is provide you with the screen dimensions.  If you know that the
bounding box of a complex object is too small to see at thumbnail
size, you could easily put the object in an .inc file and only include
it if the screen size were big enough, thus eliminating the parsing
for that object as well.