POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: INFO: API for POV-Ray : Re: INFO: API for POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INFO: API for POV-Ray
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 20 Apr 1999 18:04:40
Message: <371cebe8.0@news.povray.org>
A couple of months ago I put forward the idea to separate the rendering
engine from the user interface and got a flat NO (actually it was almost a
flame war!!!) from the POV-Ray team. I think the only way to use POV-Ray is
like what TextureView does, i.e. shelling out POV-Ray, making
it render a file and intecepting the image output. Not a great idea, but
THEY (POV-Ray team) would not even accept the idea of dinamically linked
modules... so I think this is the end.

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/8111/