POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin : Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin
From: Maan M  Hamze
Date: 20 Apr 1999 01:37:02
Message: <371c046e.0@news.povray.org>
Alexander
Would it be possible to give the user the choice between outputting into AVI
or a numbered sequence of DIB or TGA files?  Individual files numbered in a
sequence give many users better control over editing the files in a digital
editor like Photoshop, Painter, or Picture Publisher before opening the
sequence in a simple Video editor like the free Microsoft VidEdit which
allows the user to choose his/her favourite Codec.  I for one always start
with individual files then compress using the Bravado Codec which allows
playing the AVI file through Media Player which sends the AVI into a TV
monitor or Video VHS recorder through the Truevision Bravado 2000.  With
Prosumer quality systems such as mine (not expensive but acceptable) it is
always better to start with a numbered series of files.  I am sure the same
applies to many users.  The choice between outputting into AVI or a sequence
of numbered DIB or Targa TGA files should be left to the user because in my
opinion the results of an animation through using individual files before
going to AVI can be quite excellent specially on non-braodcast systems.
Thanks,
Maan (a registered Polyray and Moray user)