POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb) : Re: Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb)
From: Peter Houston
Date: 19 Apr 1999 08:38:01
Message: <371b1599.0@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote in message +ADw-371B0B39.85BF60DB+AEA-ndirect.co.uk+AD4-...
+AD4-Real nice+ACE-

Thanks.

+AD4-I'm curious as to the blue features on the front of the glass and
+AD4-come to think of it the black.  Did youse a lightsource or the
+AD4-reflection from another object to get the blue,  and is the glass
+AD4-coloured with a black smoky pigment?

The blue is actually a reflection of the sky sphere, I was eventually
planning an creating a room, so that objects would be reflected in the
pictures and other objects I was going to put on the table.

The black is due to Max trace being too low.

+AD4-In a reconstruction I'd suggest that you tone the blue down a
+AD4-bit, it's a bit too much.  Have you tried using an iridescent
+AD4-finish on the objects that you take away from the outside of the
+AD4-glass, I think it would make a big difference.

All things I never got around to.

+AD4-Hope you get round to the reconstruction soon, I always find that
+AD4-loosing code and starting again gives me an opportunity to create
+AD4-a much better image, as you probably know, half way through a
+AD4-project you start to think +ACI-Oh no I could have done that much
+AD4-better but it's too late now to go back and start again+ACI-.   These
+AD4-little accidents of losing code have a way of forcing us to make
+AD4-progress+ADs--)

I agree but it is so damn frustrating.

+AD4-
+AD4-Cheers