POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just Curious : Re: Just Curious Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Curious
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Apr 1999 14:06:05
Message: <371a10fd.0@news.povray.org>
Making a Celeron SMP system is in no way comparable to cracking programs.
You can't remarket a Celeron-based SMP system as a Xeon system. It's just
greedy marketing politics, nothing more. Breaking the multiplier lock would
be a better example. It's not illegal per se, but it allows for illegal
remarketing of overclocked processors. Not that I support multiplier (or
bus) locking in any way.

And you mean to say you never used the working warez you DLed? Well, if you
say so. I'm not the one to impugn your integrity :)

Margus