POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TGAMosaic files : Re: TGAMosaic files Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TGAMosaic files
From: Spider
Date: 22 Apr 1999 18:30:22
Message: <371F93BE.2277B2F1@bahnhof.se>
I have to cut in here:
<<<<<< snip ideas and comments>>>>
> 3.) Related to the last would be an option to have the program
>     wrap all object in a union, normalize it's position in
>     relation to the origin, and then scale it down to a unit
>     sized object. It is difficult to know how large and where
>     it is exactly right now and attempts to move and scale it
>     results in time consuming operations to position and scale
>     it elsewhere in the scene.
Hmm, not a one unit size object, that would cause a too big data-loss in most
cases(the epsilon values) but instead a 10 or 100 unit sized object. This isn't
very meaningful in smaller images, but when it comes to larger ones(more data)
it is important or there may be visible changes in the image.

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]