POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TGAMosaic files : Re: TGAMosaic files Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TGAMosaic files
From: Ken
Date: 22 Apr 1999 17:39:59
Message: <371F884F.BA8EBA5B@pacbell.net>
Andrew Woodfin wrote:

> I posted a little blurb about a utility (TGAMosaic) I have been toying
> with on and off for some time to povray.binaries.utilities. It's along
> the lines of tgadot, although I wasn't aware of tgadot when I first
> started working on it. It takes a TGA image and creates a POV scene file
> where the pixels are represented by a variety of objects. In this case
> I'm using spheres. It differs from tgadot in several ways, most
> noticeably in that it doesn't represent all of the image pixels, which
> can get to be a lot of objects pretty quickly (640x480=307,200
> objects!). It also can scale the pixel objects according to original
> pixel color and contrast, and allows for animation to blow the picture
> to smithereens. Any comments are welcome, and I will try to post some
> better results from it, as these are not very indicative of what it can
> do
> Andrew Woodfin

    Here are a couple of images I produced last night with this useful
 little utiliy. The first image used the non linear object scaling and
 the second used the uniform scaling option. I like the appearence of
 depth obtained as seen in the first image, but prefer the compared
 color accuracy form the original to the pov version, better as it
 appears in the second image.

Regards,

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cat.jpg' (89 KB) Download 'cat1a.jpg' (67 KB)

Preview of image 'cat.jpg'
cat.jpg

Preview of image 'cat1a.jpg'
cat1a.jpg