POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Suggestion: alpha channel control : Re: Suggestion: alpha channel control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: alpha channel control
From: Spider
Date: 22 Apr 1999 18:06:58
Message: <371F848C.B6C6AACC@bahnhof.se>
Hmm, i'm not certain I understand what the alpha channel really is, as I see it
it is a channel that is applied over the rest image, and that controls the
"transparencey" of each pixel. is this it ?

Peter Popov wrote:

> I posted this in povray.general about a week ago, but 1) that was not
> the right place to and 2) there was some massove discussion going on
> so nobody noticed it. I might be luckier this time :)
Perhaps. I read the first post, but hoped for a discussion so I could have some
more facts about the alpha channels before I went in and commented. Now,I'll
have to show my ignorance and ask you pplz (and uncle ken) instead. :-)

<snip>