POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Work in progress : Re: Work in progress Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Work in progress
From: Ken
Date: 21 Apr 1999 17:07:43
Message: <371E3059.5E4DB953@pacbell.net>
Lewis wrote:

> Well, yeah, I know what you're saying, and I knew it before.
> However, I'm using a HUGE file! (1280*1024)

  How large have you got it scaled ? If you are scaling it several
times larger that say 1000 unit on a side of if the height date
was set for say two and you are scaling it to be much higher
this will come back to haunt you. In most cases it is best
if you can scale all 3 dimensions evenly and at the same rate.
If you have to over scale on dimension then you run the risk
of seeing this. Also I have see time where the smooth keyword
can make it look better but I have also seen it make it look
worse. You could also try taking it into a graphics package
and apply a very low valued soften filter over the intire image.
This has helped me in the past to smooth out areas that were
different by large amounts. Stay away from sharpen and the
blur fileters as they add a lot of noise to the image and
you wil end up with a miniture spear throwers convention
on you Hf object.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net