POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An Asteroid macro: first draft [74k] : Re: An Asteroid macro: first draft [74k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An Asteroid macro: first draft [74k]
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 21 Apr 1999 15:46:05
Message: <371E1CF5.FFD3EE79@istar.ca>

> Hi!
>
> This is my first post in this group.
>
> I'm developping an Asteroid macro.
>
> Here is a first draft.
>
> Of course, this macro can be greatly improved.
> That's why your comments, advices, etc... are welcomed.
>
> What do you think of:
>    - the texture ?
>    - the shape ?
>    - the craters ?

Very nice...

All I would reccomend is a lessening of the normal in the texture, and maybe a more
uniform colour..

Asteroids do not look like they are made of a lump of granite, or other volcanic
rock, but more of a light, uniform grey, from so much dust on the surface.

This would also bring out the details of the blob surface.

BTW, any chance of making something to export to the .blb files? (These are
supported by Moray, and I think it's a pretty straightforward text format....)