POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mr Tyler birthday picture (or "How he was created") : Mr Tyler birthday picture (or "How he was created") Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Mr Tyler birthday picture (or "How he was created")
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Apr 1999 14:30:52
Message: <371E0BC9.2F8F1927@inapg.inra.fr>
Since many people have wondered several times who this Mr Tyler was, and
asked whether he was real, or even whether he was a human being, here is
a quick answer : Ken Tyler is made up of pov primitives : triangles,
spheres, cylinders etc.
This is how he was created.

Happy birthday, Ken

Gilles Tran

-----
Disclaimer : this is a work of imagination. People shouldn't assume that
you are bald, or suffer from a case of badly smoothed triangles. Or that
you are primitive.

Technical : it turns out that I have a kentyler directory... I had
worked briefly on an image inspired by a picture Ken had posted on
January 20th, but never finished it (got bored and ran out of ideas). I
dug it up, added several elements from previous pictures. No coding at
all but occasional translates and rotates.  Poser and the Colefax/Warp
mesh compressor and deformer helped a lot.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kentyler.jpg' (44 KB)

Preview of image 'kentyler.jpg'