POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) : Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!)
From: Ken
Date: 20 Apr 1999 22:00:31
Message: <371D2374.9370922C@pacbell.net>
Steve wrote:

> On a good when downloading news from this server I get 1Kps, but
> the norm is somewhere between 0.1 - 0.5 Kps.
>
> Steve

 For me the images are a bit slower but if I am downloading a
.zip file I see my downloads averaging about 2.8 - 3.2 kps.
This is of course when the the system isn't in one of it's
sluggish periods. A vague reference from the past leads me
to believe that this server is physicaly located somewere on
the west coast of North America and somewhat near where I
live give or take a few hundred miles. I may also be confusing
it with the i.r.t.c. server so this may be totaly wrong info.
Treat it as hear say and not as fact.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net