POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TGAMosaic files : TGAMosaic files Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  TGAMosaic files
From: Andrew Woodfin
Date: 20 Apr 1999 21:06:37
Message: <371D15AC.6285B643@uncc.edu>
I posted a little blurb about a utility (TGAMosaic) I have been toying
with on and off for some time to povray.binaries.utilities. It's along
the lines of tgadot, although I wasn't aware of tgadot when I first
started working on it. It takes a TGA image and creates a POV scene file
where the pixels are represented by a variety of objects. In this case
I'm using spheres. It differs from tgadot in several ways, most
noticeably in that it doesn't represent all of the image pixels, which
can get to be a lot of objects pretty quickly (640x480=307,200
objects!). It also can scale the pixel objects according to original
pixel color and contrast, and allows for animation to blow the picture
to smithereens. Any comments are welcome, and I will try to post some
better results from it, as these are not very indicative of what it can
do

--

--------------------
"There are three men in a boat with four cigarettes but no matches.

Andrew Woodfin
UNC Charlotte Center for Precision Metrology
adw### [at] unccedu

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tanks.jpg' (103 KB)