POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard) : Re: Who would dare laugh too hard ? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who would dare laugh too hard ?
From: Lewis
Date: 20 Apr 1999 20:55:42
Message: <371D1472.C6A39B2C@netvision.net.il>
I know it wouldn't take long before this, and I knew it would be Ken ;)

Well, all I have to say is...to heck with the philosophy! Gilles is a
great artist, but so are most of the other people posting in these
newsgroups. I'm not saying he should be made an Idol, I'm just trying to
show that if you try, like Gilles, you can accomplish (and I mean
ACCOMPLISH). Besides, I'm only want the rest of us (that can't render)
to improve ourselves by having someone to look up to.

As for you, ken, I think you're a great artist as well. I'm just not
ready to worship you quite yet - you have a quite different personallity
(that's one way to put it). In fact, I could start listing all the
"accomplishing POv artists" I know of (one that goes rather unnoticed is
H. E. Day) but that would be unfair. Many people contribute to this area
(rendering in pov) and everyone is just as important. I think that
having a figure to look up to is good and constructive. This is not to
say the Gilles is a BETTER person in some way than any of us (sorry
gilles) it's just to say he's a more skillful artist. If there is anyone
out there who gets offended by any of this, just say so! There's no need
to get angry over futile things.

as for the Gilles Tran contest I started, I think just for peace sake to
change it to "Artistic Writing and Rendering Challenge". Now, if it's
good enough for you, Ken, let's see what you can do.

BTW: I'm just over enthusiastic as usual. Besides, today is Independance
Day and I'm in a good mood so don't ruin it for me.

That's All.