POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard) : Re: My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard)
From: Spider
Date: 20 Apr 1999 19:39:26
Message: <371CD5D7.906BDCD9@bahnhof.se>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Since some people said that they wanted to quit povving because of some
> pics of mine,
Hey, I'm innocent(admittedly, Im not good at art, but I can push the limits of
pov making macros that hopefully someone will at least find interesting.)

>> I take the liberty to post here the 3rd povray picture I
> ever done (lost the first 2 ones, fortunately). It's dated March 21,
> 1993. It's absolutely dull, as uninteresting as possible, and shows no
> promise whatsoever.
Now that's what I can relate to :-)

>>One whole day was wasted on it, because I couldn't
> figure out why some of the elements kept disappearing from the screen
> (the now famous "rotate after translate" thing), something that puzzled
> me for a year actually.
Wasting only one day? *mumbles forhimself*

>>And it took one hour to render on my 386. [Note
> that 6 years after, I can still render it, due to backward compatibility
> (praise to the pov-team)].
Praise are they worth, indeed.

>>I remember how proud I was of this...er...
> thing and showed it to lots of people who weren't a little bit
> interested, for some reason I couldn't fathom at the time.
*hehe*

>> I think I won the "ugliest picture contest" in this ng and proved that
> no matter how long the walk is, just go on walking.
*smile*
ok, you win :-)

--
//Spider