POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard) : My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  My 3rd povray pic ever(don't laugh too hard)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Apr 1999 15:02:40
Message: <371CC1C7.16E8B78A@inapg.inra.fr>
Since some people said that they wanted to quit povving because of some
pics of mine, I take the liberty to post here the 3rd povray picture I
ever done (lost the first 2 ones, fortunately). It's dated March 21,
1993. It's absolutely dull, as uninteresting as possible, and shows no
promise whatsoever. One whole day was wasted on it, because I couldn't
figure out why some of the elements kept disappearing from the screen
(the now famous "rotate after translate" thing), something that puzzled
me for a year actually. And it took one hour to render on my 386. [Note
that 6 years after, I can still render it, due to backward compatibility
(praise to the pov-team)]. I remember how proud I was of this...er...
thing and showed it to lots of people who weren't a little bit
interested, for some reason I couldn't fathom at the time.
I think I won the "ugliest picture contest" in this ng and proved that
no matter how long the walk is, just go on walking.

Gilles Tran

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dess3.jpg' (6 KB)