POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) : Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!)
From: Jeff Balcerski
Date: 20 Apr 1999 14:12:33
Message: <371CB54A.11290C9D@umich.edu>
I'd have to say that I think the first was indeed the most realistic
ocean rendering that I've seen with POV to date.  I've lived on Lake
Huron most of my life, and this image, and the animation even more so,
almost exactly resemble the lake on a calm day.  As far as the specular
reflection goes, I wouldn't worry about it so much.  This image could
very well be a pre-dawn setting and therefor (in theory and experience)
only lit diffusely.  Excellent job.  I, also, would be very interested
in the techique, if not the code, that you used to model it.

 - Cyrrin