POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nuke_um ! : Re: Nuke_um ! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nuke_um !
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Apr 1999 04:16:57
Message: <371C29A9.93CAA514@aol.com>
Number 3. 3rd times a charm, with a bit of tweaking.
I used the number 2 image combined with a 3rd render, having better
absorption, by using layered image_map textures with transmit and filter
on a white 'background'.
I still wasn't entirely happy with the contrast of that render so I
opened it into PSP and adjusted it there; not much, but much better.
Probably could have gotten a good finish to do the same though I used no
light.
Speaking of light, I used two in the top of the explosion cloud. One
point light and one a 'spotlight' above that and pointing down with a
'radius 15 falloff 30 tightness 1'.
Don't think I said before but the air cloud and ground rings are simply
textured torii, no media in them. It was too slow that way.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

Attachments:
Download '3nuke.jpg' (25 KB)