POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) : Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New and improved POV-RAY OCEAN (give me your opinion!)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Apr 1999 19:40:13
Message: <371BB0A4.51AE8F3C@aol.com>
Yuck on the "new and improved". I for one was content enough with the
first ;)
Like Spider says though it appears to be beneath a sky of changing
weather at least to me too, I like the clouds and sky okay in the new
image. That would go better with the original water anyway. The
"specular" reflection referred to (unless wires are crossed about this)
would be like 'specular 0.3 roughness .02' I would say. Or 'phong 0.3
phong_size 150' maybe. All depends on the users wish for a more correct
look as they see fit.
The reflection itself would probably benifit greatly with the WyzPOV
patch or Super Patch which will do angle dependant reflection, instead
of relying upon a uniformity.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe