POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Since we're doing trees....(image) : Re: Since we're doing trees....(image) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Since we're doing trees....(image)
From: Ken
Date: 19 Apr 1999 12:28:22
Message: <371B4BC4.13CC46E0@pacbell.net>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >

> > All to well I'm afraid. I checked that so check this instead...
> >

> Let's see if I'am gettin' better. Two planes. One with the larger
> checkers completly opaque and one half the size of the first that
> filters. A glass cylinder and a sphere?
>
> I like it!
>
> Marc
> --
> Marc Schimmler

  Actualy there are three primatives in the scene. A box, the cylinder
sticking out of it a ways, and the sphere planted in the middle.
The checker pattern was created using several nested checker patterns
inside the same pigment. At the same time I created an identical checker
pattern for a normal statement to give the pattern a sense of depth.
It looks better on some surfaces that others with this really not one
of the better surfaces I have tried it on.

 Take a look at this next variation on the checker pattern. I could
not begin to explain the construction of this. It can only say
that it is a very complicated texture and is made of at least 14
nested pigment and normal patterns.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net