POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb) : Re: Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cut Glass Bowl (88Kb)
From: Steve
Date: 19 Apr 1999 08:04:45
Message: <371B0B39.85BF60DB@ndirect.co.uk>
Real nice!

I'm curious as to the blue features on the front of the glass and
come to think of it the black.  Did youse a lightsource or the
reflection from another object to get the blue,  and is the glass
coloured with a black smoky pigment?

In a reconstruction I'd suggest that you tone the blue down a
bit, it's a bit too much.  Have you tried using an iridescent
finish on the objects that you take away from the outside of the
glass, I think it would make a big difference.

Hope you get round to the reconstruction soon, I always find that
loosing code and starting again gives me an opportunity to create
a much better image, as you probably know, half way through a
project you start to think "Oh no I could have done that much
better but it's too late now to go back and start again".   These
little accidents of losing code have a way of forcing us to make
progress;-)

Cheers
Steve