POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MY FIRST POV-RAY OCEAN : Re: MY FIRST POV-RAY OCEAN Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MY FIRST POV-RAY OCEAN
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 18 Apr 1999 20:48:08
Message: <371A6F86.606BE050@geocities.com>
That is by far the best ocean I have ever seen come out of POV. Some
people get water that looks ok at a distance, while others have water
that look ok up close. This image gets the best of both. My guess for th
method is a waves normal combined with some other normal all converted
to a HF, thand rendered.
Please post the source (or, if it is an HF, post the method for creating
the surface and the textures used)!!!

If there was anything that needed improvement, consider making the
highlights less blue and the non-waves component of the surface less
noticable)
--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom