POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Identifier declared but never used : Re: Identifier declared but never used Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Identifier declared but never used
From: Steve
Date: 18 Apr 1999 19:41:23
Message: <371A6056.B1B2F029@puzzlecraft.com>
The second part of my message explains the workaround to this specific problem -
custom dictionaries and color coded keywords in an external text editor plus adding
the keyword from a custom menu.

I use 3 of the Colefax macros quite a lot. I have added my keywords to the BBEdit
dictionary, color coded them and added them to a menu. I can then insert the
keywords by 1) typing it in and seeing if it is the right color, 2) selecting it
from a menu with the mouse, 3) adding it with an assigned keystroke.

My POVscripts are written in BBEdit which then uses the POV-Ray debugger and
raytracer.

I don't know first hand, but I'm pretty sure that UNIX has customizeable text
editors similar to BBEdit. BBEdit is used for authoring C, C++, PASCAL, JAVA, HTML,
AppleScript, PERL. etc. Setting it up for POVscript is pretty easy. The only
shortcoming is BBEdit does not have a built-in debugger for POVscript similar to
the debugger support for the other scripting/programming languages.

Of course, it would valuable to be able to accomplish the color keywording and
custom dictionaries directly in POV.

steve