POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just Curious : Re: Just Curious Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Curious
From: Graham Redway
Date: 18 Apr 1999 07:16:17
Message: <3719B0FA.D3777F0F@compuserve.com>
Johannes Hubert wrote:
> software available to unscrupulous users, like 3D artists without a
> conscience (hopefully there are only a few) that would otherwise actually
> have bought the product because they really need and use it, or even to

So it's okay if they wouldn't have otherwise been able to buy it?
(Couldn't afford it) It is less irritating to me if a computer user who
couldn't afford to buy a piece of software has a copy illegally than a
wealthy person who just wants to save him/herself a quick buck.

Personally I could be guilty of the above paragraph, I've lost count of
the number of licences of Windows I have, and the number of machines
it's running on. On this note, wasn't it the belgium gov't who had to
give Microsoft a whole lot of money for unlicensed software they were
running?

	Graham.