POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just Curious : Re: Just Curious Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Curious
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Apr 1999 03:59:01
Message: <37198282.E4A7F8BC@aol.com>
I know many don't go for the whole idea of warez, I'm guilty of trying
out a Ad banner remover of a free Ad-based (unnamed here. oh-oh. see?
hiding already...) ISP myself (and that's about the only thing I've ever
touched, honest). Btw, it was total crap (pardon me) to use it, slow and
buggy. I'm not sure what this has to do with freeware at all anyway.
Especially is the fact that most people that use programs for art or
such would be appalled by the illegal use of programs they buy (for more
reasons than the money factor).
Even a penniless (well, maybe not penniless of course) starving artist
is on the road to criminal behavior if pirating software for the sake of
using a 3D renderer. If there's POV-Ray to use, the person is either
greedy or insanely addicted to 3D modeling (aren't we all though).
In other words, take the Chinese CD pirating in the news a while back,
they were in it for money, far different thing. And someone trying
desperately to do 3D renders for the reason of making images is not
nearly the same thing. I think this always remains the distinction, yet
I have to say the paths are both the same.
You mention "small" warez things like cracked versions of 3DS. Can't see
that as being a small thing myself.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe