POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wow : Re: wow Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wow
From: Ken
Date: 17 Apr 1999 23:31:21
Message: <3719429B.ACC9BE5E@pacbell.net>
portelli wrote:

>         Have a look at this page.  http://www.cengines.com/cehome.htm  It has s
> really good compression engine.  They show a demo of compressing a 750Kb
> file down to 8Kb and it still looks pretty good. Check it out.

 Steven Pigeon who most of you know by now once worked on a project related
to data compression. The link he gave me one time to see how well the sofware
they developed worked left me saying wow too. I am surprised that there
are not more products coming out now offering these advanced compression
techniques but I suppose that with this amount of compression one must
be careful about what they apply it to or data loss can cancel it's
effectiveness.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net