POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Identifier declared but never used : Re: Identifier declared but never used Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Identifier declared but never used
From: Ken
Date: 17 Apr 1999 17:05:45
Message: <3718E843.ACE6B4EE@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

>   Some times (or better: many many times) I use an include file or a macro
> (mainly those made by Colefax :) ) and I set parameters for it by #declaring
> identifiers but I make a typing mistake (like typing Deform_Mesh or
> defor_mesh or whatever instead of deform_mesh) and then I wonder why it
> doesn't work. Then I have to search through all the 30 #declares to
> see if one of them is incorrect.

  This may not be germain to your observations and desired behavior but
I will share this with you. I stopped making a lot of repetitave typing
mistakes in pov the day I learned how to record macros in the new editor.
It has been a real saver for me in both the ease of declaring commonly
used statements as well as not having to find my fumbling mistakes. It has
a reasonably large buffer and I would not choose to be without it now that
I have learned to use it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net