POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing Translucent Candles : Re: Glowing Translucent Candles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing Translucent Candles
From: Ken
Date: 17 Apr 1999 12:13:12
Message: <3718A3B2.8D6BF816@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Yes, they're quite good... this method works really well for candles
> actually.  I like the look of the fading.
>
> Of course, as was mentioned, it's harded to use this method for complex
> objects...
>
> --
> Lance.

  If you are already faced with a difficult task what is one more
bump in the road. I sometimes get a thrill at starting a project
and completing it in a much shorter time than I originaly expected.
However this is a cheap hi and not nearly as satisfying as tackling
a difficult task, applying everything you know to master it, and
having the satisfaction that you succeeded in accomplishing a great
personal challenge.
  While everything you try to do should not be frustrating to the
point where you would rather do something else it also should not be
too easy as to become common place and in consequence lead to boredom.
Two different roads to the same unfortunate end. I prefer the middle
ground thank you.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net