POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My own candle : My own candle Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  My own candle
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 17 Apr 1999 03:29:46
Message: <37182B9E.88E26615@home.com>
Well after seeing all the candle posts I decided to make my own. This
was modeled after a candle in my home. The candle flame is composted of
a union of a sphere and a cone, then I duplicated the union and scaled
it down slightly. I still don't like the pointy look. Perhaps if someone
could give me a little help with media I don't use it much, actually
this is only about the third time I've used it. I have also pasted the
candle flame material here for anyone who wants to help with the flame.
This image was done quite quickly so forget about how empty it is it is
just a test image, I am only concerned with the flame. If you look
REALLY closely at the bottom of the flame you might notice a SMALL blue
area, This was created with a second bluish media, which needs to be
more prominent.

Flame Media:

> material  // Flame
>    {