POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : So a Dragon walks into this bar... [50k] : Re: So a Dragon walks into this bar... [50k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So a Dragon walks into this bar... [50k]
From: Ken
Date: 16 Apr 1999 20:08:35
Message: <3717C192.D152E86B@pacbell.net>
Scott McDonald wrote:

> Ok, heres my final dragon with candle scene, not as good as ken's
> candles but then, i'm obviously not as smart as ken.  I'm happy with
> it.  Had to throw the checker board in there per ken's request.

Ken not smart. Ken r toopid and you give better flame shape than I do.
May I be so bold as to suggest that if you are using emission with the
flame that you crank it up more as well as increase the intervals. You
may choose to ignore this advice but I think it would help give more
density to the flame. It is a bit on the pale side right now.

These are the parameters I used in my candle scene. While I am not happy
with their general appearence I was quite pleased with the density of the
flames and the overall color intensity emitted by them.

 interior{
   media {
    emission  33
      density {
        spherical
        ramp_wave
        turbulence 0.9
        color_map {
           [ 0.0 color rgbt <1.0, 0.6, 0.1,  0>*2]
           [ 0.5 color rgbt <1.0, 1.0, 1.0,  0>*3]
           [ 1.0 color rgbt <1.0, 0.7, 0.4,  0>*3.5 ]}}
          samples  5.0000, 10.0
        intervals 15.0000
       confidence  0.9999
         variance  0.0010