POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking powder, does it needs photon ?? : Re: Baking powder, does it needs photon ?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baking powder, does it needs photon ??
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 16 Apr 1999 16:57:08
Message: <37179614.0@news.povray.org>
Thomas Lake wrote in message <3716EA79.A9A78477@home.com>...

>The caustics in my image (post: "My first real photon map image") are
fairly
>subtle although I don't know what caused this effect, I used an area light
>and I've heard that UvPov has some problems with area lights so maybe
that's
>how the caustics got so subtle?

I think UVPOV simply treats the area_light as a point light. So this
shouldn't be the problem. But you could simply test this by using a point
light. Have you tried it?
Of course, caustics is (esp. those of a seal ;) are a bit difficult to
predict. Maybe the majority of the light is concentrated somewhere out of
the camera's view.

Margus