POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Another thought... Request? hmm..... : Re: OT: Visual Basic and C++??? Was:[Re: Another thought... Request? hmm.....] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: Visual Basic and C++??? Was:[Re: Another thought... Request? hmm.....]
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 16 Apr 1999 13:16:50
Message: <37175e33.31561813@194.174.214.110>
Hi Alex Magidow, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Sorry, this is offtopic(I mean, really offtopic),
Go stand in the corner..... <g>

> but is there any way to make a program consisting
> of C++ and Visual Basic?
Well, yes, sort of. You can make a Visual Basic program call functions
in a DLL. The DLL can be C/C++ or anything else. I think the interface
between VB and DLL would need to be function-based, i.e. no classes or
anything.

I don't think making a C++ program that calls VB is possible. Unless
you can make a VB DLL, of course. But I don't even have VB installed,
so I could be way off base here<g>.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray