POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with CGS : Re: Help with CGS Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with CGS
From: Phil Clute
Date: 16 Apr 1999 04:29:36
Message: <3716E849.3493316D@tiac.net>
Well, now I'm a bit confused too...
what am I doing wrong?

MERGE from the docs:
"The union operation just glues objects together, it does not remove the
objects' surfaces inside the union. Under most circumstances this
doesn't matter. However if a transparent union is used, those interior
surfaces will be visible. The merge operations can be used to avoid this
problem. It works just like union but it eliminates the inner
surfaces..."<snip>

I changed the code a little. I dropped the texture to use a pigment that
changes
color from sphere to sphere with a .7 transmit in order to show that
merge did
NOT as the docs say "eliminates the inner surfaces".

Heres my change:
#declare cnt=0;
#while (cnt < 5)
     merge {
          sphere{<-.7,-0.3,0>, 0.4
          translate <cnt/2.5,0,0>
          }
          pigment{rgbt<cnt*0.05,cnt/4.5,0.5,0.7>}//texture {T_Glass3}
          //interior{ior 1.5}
          #if (phon)
               photons{
                   density 0.01*phd
                   reflection on
                   refraction on
               }
          #end
          //rotate y*50        //I was checking to see if it was just an
effect of a bad angle
     }
#declare cnt=cnt+1
#end

I'll post my render of this in povray.images under "Help with CGS"

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.