POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : any programmers? : Re: any programmers? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any programmers?
From: Ken
Date: 16 Apr 1999 04:20:56
Message: <3716E37E.582B3DBF@pacbell.net>
Jason Krah wrote:

> (I hope this post is ok here.. Ill also post to povray.animations)
> I have been playing around with Pov/Moray for a while now and
> was thinking about animataion. I then set out to write a simple
> program. Im only learning C so I haven managed to work it out
> (completely) yet.
>
> The idea is the basic idea behind keyframing, but using moray..
> What you do is create your static scene, save as scene1 and export to
> sc1.pov file.
> Move the objects around a bit. (dont create anything "new" as such) and
> save as
> scene 2 and export to sc2.pov.

I understand your enthusiasm for creating your own keyframing software
but it might interest you to know that someone beat you to it. It might
also prove interesting for you just to experiment with it to see how
someone else went about solving the different operations involved with
decoding the changed portions of the scenefiles. I believe I read where
Ken (the author of the utility - not me) will send the source for his
utility to those who ask for it and you may gain some insight from that
as well.

Take a look at:
http://www.televar.com/~ceckak/keymorph/

--