POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking powder, does it needs photon ?? : Re: Baking powder, does it needs photon ?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baking powder, does it needs photon ??
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Apr 1999 01:41:47
Message: <3716BF6A.FD0C4DC5@aol.com>
This is great stuff. I indeed think it *could* help, especially if you
can get a mild sort of spectral dispersion in there, you know, by adding
a averaging color_map to the light along with the regular light color
syntax.
The liquid in the tank goes almost unnoticed, and knowing how fish tanks
split light this would be good to show it's existence better maybe. That
upside down "graduate" threw me a curve to begin with as it d/l'ed. The
flask contents don't appear to filter light at all, and I'm not so sure
about the photon mapping doing good rather than harm to the rest. I
haven't had much luck getting subtle caustics yet.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe