POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal HedgeHog final image : Re: Metal HedgeHog final image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal HedgeHog final image
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 15 Apr 1999 12:14:41
Message: <37160174.AB68B2A2@iro.umontreal.ca>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> The mug (cup) appears to be lacking a base of thick glass.

If you'd own such a cup, and fill it with coffee, you would seethat it is this effect
you're getting.
The base is as thin as the
rest of the cup.

> But if I see those little beady red eyes and dixie
> cup of a snout on the beast again I may have to import it into a image
> processing program then select and cut. Sorry, just my personal tastes
> showing, please excuse me ;)

<thick french accent>ppffff!!!! You understand nothing of minimalist art!!!
</thick french accent>

Besides, the goal was just to check if a reasonable coat could be
produced with scales as base elements. It was only an exercice de style.

>  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
>   http://members.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm
>  mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?Subject=PoV-News

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
                                  and wavelets.
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon