POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal HedgeHog final image : Re: Metal HedgeHog final image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal HedgeHog final image
From: Spider
Date: 15 Apr 1999 11:53:08
Message: <3715ECF2.40EB4070@bahnhof.se>
Steven Pigeon wrote:

> Spider wrote:
>
> > wheem that is some rendertime...
>
> That gives me time to get the _other_ things done!
>
> > I like the cup, although the fluid in it seeems... Odd in some way...
>
> What's wrong with mud tea??? :-) Yeah, I've tried for some time toget the exact hue
of my cup of
> coffee, but never succeeded. If
> some one's willing to produce an array of textures that match each
> kind of coffee, I'd be happy !!! (my favorite is Hawai'i Kona Black).
Hmm, I've never really tried... I just did a dark red + black /2 thing for
coffee, and some irid on the surface.
(never had a transparent cup, I don't own one.)

> > The pen is great, as well as the image..
>
> If you look carefully, the tip of the pen is the same shape asthe scales of the
hedgehog, except for
> the bubble and the slit.
hehe, I can see that now.

> > The glyphs on the paper is a good touch.
>
> They're (a part of ) the actual transcription of the Gurob manuscriptrelating some
folk story or the
> other.
Ok.. I can't say "I knew that" .. I have no idea of what you are talking about
:-)

> > a question, ows your desktop(pc one) really look like that?
>
> No. I have a couple o' PCs stacked in my home office, and I have a
> 17"optiquest v775b screen (in the top five of Byte's last year best buys for
> a screen). It is massive, but I didn't feel like modeling it. The Keyboard
> was stolen from an object repository.
Ok. I'm using a simple yakumo screen, acceptably good.

>> I think the desk looks very clean(where are the cd's?, why aren't there
>> more paper and so on) it looks like my grandmothers desk. (everything in
>> drawers, nothing is ever used on a regular basis)
> I actually keep my desk rather clean... But you should see the book
> shelves!!!I may add a couple of thingies (like papers clips, other pen and
> pencils, and maybe a book or two).
Ok.. I don't have shelves.. Everything is in a BIG mess on the desk. Together
with a stereo. (hey, I can't suffice with tiny speakers, can I?)

>> That paperweight still looks like it would maim the one who moves it...
>> hehe.
> That's the point!
A sharp one... Or, several... *smile*
>> I like the caustics... hmm.. how tall is the person at that screen ?? I just
>> realised the angle between deskk/keyboard and screen is... painful unless he
>> is far taller than 1.90...
>
> Or just closer?
Hmm, I can't see that, it's tilted upwards... the angle between the
desk(parallell) and the "normal" of the screen... It just strikes me as odd.
Mine are almost paralell..
<bad ascii>
      \ <--Screen normal
       \/|  <--Screen