POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Mike
Date: 15 Apr 1999 09:54:01
Message: <3715DFF9.C7A939E8@aol.com>
This is what I meant by making it adjustable.  Double_sidedness just mean you
can see the shading of the other side through the object, right?  You should be
able to use filter along with it.

It all depends on how far they go with it.  Perhaps it could be made into
something like irid, where you would get brackets and all kinds of cool stuff.
How about:

double_sided {
amount [float]
color [vector]
}

Filtering and transmittence should be part of the color and be seperate from the
double_sided keyword.  Translucency is just filtered opacity really.  The color
would specify the color of the lighted portion of the other side of the
surface.  The amount would be the brightness.  I don't think a shadow color
would be neccesary, but maybe that could be thrown in.

-Mike