POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first real photon map image (67K) : Re: My first real photon map image (67K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first real photon map image (67K)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 15 Apr 1999 04:42:15
Message: <3715999C.A86C641F@home.com>
Spider wrote:

> This is so good as an image.. not too many objects, a simple but good layout...
> yes..

Thanks!!

> perhaps a window-pane of marble or granite? just so it doesn't look to alike the
> window-frames..

Not quite sure what you mean by "a window-pane of marble or granite"? I tried
rendering
the scene with a window pane with a very small amount of reflection, about 0.1-0.2%
but
when I added this it sent the render time through the roof. If you mean the window
ledge, yes I know it is very similar to the window sill in colour but that is how they
look in my house. Perhaps I'll change the wood texture and make it a bit darker and
make
the window sill a bit lighter.