POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal HedgeHog final image : Re: Metal HedgeHog final image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal HedgeHog final image
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 14 Apr 1999 23:27:59
Message: <37154DC8.AFD208B@iro.umontreal.ca>
Spider wrote:

> wheem that is some rendertime...

That gives me time to get the _other_ things done!

> I like the cup, although the fluid in it seeems... Odd in some way...

What's wrong with mud tea??? :-) Yeah, I've tried for some time toget the exact hue of
my cup of
coffee, but never succeeded. If
some one's willing to produce an array of textures that match each
kind of coffee, I'd be happy !!! (my favorite is Hawai'i Kona Black).

> The pen is great, as well as the image..

If you look carefully, the tip of the pen is the same shape asthe scales of the
hedgehog, except for
the bubble and the slit.

> The glyphs on the paper is a good touch.

They're (a part of ) the actual transcription of the Gurob manuscriptrelating some
folk story or the
other.

> a question, ows your desktop(pc one) really look like that?

No. I have a couple o' PCs stacked in my home office, and I have a 17"optiquest v775b
screen (in the
top five of Byte's last year best buys
for a screen). It is massive, but I didn't feel like modeling it. The Keyboard
was stolen from an object repository.

> I think the desk looks very clean(where are the cd's?, why aren't there more
> paper and so on) it looks like my grandmothers desk. (everything in drawers,
> nothing is ever used on a regular basis)

I actually keep my desk rather clean... But you should see the book shelves!!!I may
add a couple of
thingies (like papers clips, other pen and pencils, and
maybe a book or two).

> That paperweight still looks like it would maim the one who moves it... hehe.

That's the point!

> I like the caustics... hmm.. how tall is the person at that screen ?? I just
> realised the angle between deskk/keyboard and screen is... painful unless he is
> far taller than 1.90...

Or just closer?

> Steven Pigeon wrote:
> >
> > took 1d19h33m12s to render on a p2 233mhz.
> > A couple of new objects, including a bodum(tm?)
> > coffee cup and a quill pen.
> >
> > Source included!
> >
> > Best,
> >
> >     S.
> >
> > --
> > Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
> > University of Montreal.
> > pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
> > pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
> > ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
> >                                   and wavelets.
> >          http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon

> >  [Image]
> >
> >                    Name: hedgehog.pov
> >    hedgehog.pov    Type: POV-Ray scene file
(application/x-unknown-content-type-POV-Ray.Scene)