POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 13 Apr 1999 19:19:31
Message: <3713c2f3.0@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message <3713af5d.0@news.povray.org>...

>Perhaps what we need more than modularity is documentation of how patches
are
>done.  I think DSW is working on that, but I'm sure he could use our help.

This would indeed be invaluable. I only wish I could help. But I'm afraid I
can't. Until it is complete - or I manage to familiarize myself with the
inner workings of POV in some other manner - I will defer any further
arguments over the goods and ills of POV's sructure.
I still think a plugin architecture would greatly facilitate implementing
many new features. But I will not start this dispute all over again.

Margus